Full Membership of the Federation is open to any UK company manufacturing bread or bread and confectionery products with an annual turnover in excess of £10,000,000 measured in terms of net sales to customers.
Member companies each get a seat and a vote on Federation Council, our decision-making body, and benefit from a range of key membership services:
- Information and Consultation on a wide range of issues affecting the industry
- Representation of members interests to Government and regulatory bodies
- Interaction with members and other food industry representatives for exchange of information
- Promotion of members' products and the nutritional benefits of bread as the nation's staple food
- Value Added Services including:
- Key industry statistical data including bread production, sales, market trends, occupational health and accident rates stats
- Updates on technical and legislative issues, health & safety issues, industry research and special reports
- Health and safety initiatives including Safety Memoranda guidance covering both baking industry specifics as well as more general guidance and our 'Drive Safe' guidance on raising awareness and managing driver fatigue
- A range of PR and communications activities
- Access to Members only web based data and a company profile and reciprocal website link
Full members subscriptions are based on weekly net turnover at a rate set annually by Federation Council. For more information on current subscription rates please click here.
Associate Membership is open to any food industry related businesses that does not meet full membership criteria, including industry suppliers and other interested parties. Click here to see a list of our Associate Members. Associate Members get access to a range of Federation services but do not get a seat on Council or voting rights. The cost is currently £500 plus VAT per year and includes:
- Weekly Director’s diary
- ‘Federation Update’ our bi-monthly technical and legislative update
- Industry statistics service including bread production, accident and occupational health stats
- Complimentary copies of all Federation reports and publications
- Access to the Federation’s range of training courses and Annual Conference/Lunch.
- Free company profile and reciprocal link on the Federation’s website.
- Access to the members’ area of the FOB website and committee documents and briefing papers.
If you would like to join our growing list of Associate Members please download an Application Form and email Amy Yeates.