- The UK Bakery market is worth almost £3.4 billion and is one of the largest markets in the food industry.
- Bread is one of the nation's favourite staple foods and is purchased by 99% of households in the UK.
- The equivalent of over 9 million loves of bread are sold each day in the UK.
- The average UK household buys just over 80 loaves per year and spends an average of £75.03.
- The three main bread manufacturers in the UK (Allied Bakeries, Hovis and Warburtons) account for almost 80% of the plant bread market by value.
- Plant manufactured products account for around three-quarters of all bakery products sold in the UK.
- White bread is UK consumers' favourite choice and accounts for 71% of total bread consumption in the UK. Brown and wholemeal accounts for 22% and other bread 7% of the total bread market.